David has an extensive track record of more than 30 years in hotel and hospitality investment and was previously the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) at Pan Pacific Hotels Group (PPHG). In this role, he was responsible for the group’s investment in the international markets.
Prior to PPHG, David was Head of Strategic Development with M&C REIT Management, instrumental in driving the Singapore-listed CDL Hospitality REIT’s strategic growth and investments in Europe and Asia Pacific. He was also Chairman of East Asia for HVS Global Hospitality Services and served on its international board. Additionally, he served as a board member of the Singapore Hotel Licensing Board.
David’s deep industry experience in hospitality, real estate and capital markets also saw him playing a key role establishing Jones Lang LaSalle Hotels’ presence in Asia as its Senior Vice President in Investment Sales and subsequently as its Head of Advisory Services.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
– Board member of the International Board of HVS (2005 to 2014) • Board member of the Singapore Hotel Licensing Board (2011 to 2014)
– Representative of the Capital Markets and Financial Advisory Services (2014 to 2019)
– Urban Land Institute Asia Pacific Hospitality Development Council Member (2021/2022) Founder and Chairman of the China Hotel Investment Conference (2005 to 2014)
– Member of the Australian Property Institute (1995 to 2014) Member of the Singapore Institute of Surveyors and Valuers (1997 to current)
– Licensed Appraiser, registered with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (2002 to current)
– Bachelor of Business (Distinction); Curtin University, Australia
– Master of Science in Appraisal; University of Reading, United Kingdom